Whether or not rice is your staple food, almost everyone eats rice. And the good thing about the NS-TSC10 Micom Rice Cooker is it cooks rice perfectly. However, its function doesn’t begin and end with rice alone; it can also be used as a steamer and it has a cake menu setting to bake cakes. For less than $150, that is considered a great deal! The NS-TSC10 Micom Rice Cooker and warmer makes 10 cups of cooked rice and is considered to be the best Japanese rice cooker. Regardless of whether you prefer sweet, brown, or white, NS-TSC10 Micom can cook your rice without a single flaw. Incorporating rice in your diet will now be as easy as pressing a button.
|Product Dimensions||10.1 x 8.5 x 14 inches|
|Capacity||10 cups of cooked rice|
|Item Weight||9.3 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||9.3 pounds|
|Item Model Number||NS-TSC10|
|Customer Reviews (Amazon)||4.5 out of 5 stars|
The NS-TSC10 Micom has several features you’ll surely love. For starters, it has a micro computerized Fuzzy Logic Technology that allows the cooker to adjust the heat and time settings automatically. Now you don’t need to check up your rice cooker once in a while! Its menu settings include white/sushi, mixed, porridge, sweet, brown, cake, steam, and quick cooking. It also features an automatic keep warm setting, extended keep warm, and reheating cycle. The NS-TSC10 Micom also highlights two delay timer settings which allow you to cook rice at a later time, healthy brown rice setting, and a convenient cake setting for baking cakes. Thanks to its LCD control panel that’s easy to read, you won’t have any problems with setting and monitoring. Another feature you’ll love about the NS-TSC10 Micom is it has an interchangeable melody and beep signal that alarms you when the cooking cycle is done. With the built-in retractable power cord, you can save up some kitchen space whenever you’re not using the NS-TSC10 Micom. Not to mention its detachable and washable inner lid that makes cleaning easier.
A lot of rice cookers are more or less $150, but choosing this over the others is one wise decision. Aside from its more than enough features, it even doubles as a steamer with its versatile steam setting. This is possible because the package includes a steaming basket accessory to steam foods. Plus, the clear-coated stainless steel exterior of the NS-TSC10 Micom Rice Cooker makes cleaning a lot easier. It’s even cETLus listed.
• Uses one of Zojirushi’s trademark—Fuzzy Logic Technology
• Easy to clean
• Its black thick inner cooking pan allows even heating
• Has a stylish look
• Has an easy-to-read control panel
• Control panel has clock and timer settings
• Has eight menu settings
• Includes two delay timer settings
• Doesn’t need constant monitoring
• Doesn’t require much kitchen space
• Can be kept easily
• Comes with a BPA free steaming basket, measuring cup, nonstick rice spatula, and spatula holder
• Has a 12-month warranty
• Designed only for short and medium rice varieties
• Cooking cycles take longer (takes an hour to cook white rice and about two hours for brown rice)
• Customers said cheap rice cookers does not produce the same quality rice as the Micom.
• One satisfied customer reviewed, “It’s a triumph of convenience engineering, and obviously a multi-year investment.”
• They loved how it’s not bulky.
• Clean-up is a breeze; it does not boil over.
• They also liked the melody/chime that indicates the finish of the cooking cycle.
• Customers said the rice don’t get mushy/wet when left in warm mode overnight.
• Another content user said, “Have made brown, basmati, black, sushi rice, mixed rice, and beans, rice and sweet potato, rice and daikon, even made a spiced rice with almonds and cranberries for thanksgiving that was a bit hit and saved me oven space!”
• They also loved that the inside marks are easy to see.
• It doesn’t get hot.
• The rice cooker itself is fairly light in weight.
• A happy customer even commented, “This one seems like a good value over the much more expensive models. I’m glad I chose this one over them.”
• It comes with clear instructions and a quick start guide showing you the right way to cook different types of rice.
• Another pleased customer remarked, “This is an excellent product that I would recommend to anyone who enjoys rice.”
• White rice cooks about one hour (but this makes the rice perfectly cooked).
• The cooker is not as advanced as some Zojirushi cookers.
• A customer said the timer setting doesn’t work with porridge.
With all the features it has, you can actually just forget about its downsides. It may take a while for it to cook rice, but it only means you have to prepare ahead of time. It may be a bit pricey for some, but in the long run, you’ll get used to it and you’ll be thankful you settled with the best rice cooker for the money.