Ah, the Weston Pro-2300. This is another honorable mention under the vacuum sealers kitchen category. It does sealing wonders to your domestic meats, game, fish, and vegetables. It’s even perfect for protecting your personal possessions from harmful effects that oxygen or the freezer burn may cause. For its $370 price, you’ll get air-tight sealed food and products in a breeze. It can accommodate sealing bags up to 15-inch wide, which makes the Weston Pro-2300 the largest vacuum sealer in the industry.This durable vacuum sealer has the ability to keep your food fresh for longer, preserving the flavor and quality of your food.
Without further ado, let’s check out its specifications, features, pros, and cons.
|Product Dimensions||15.3 x 23 x 9 inches|
|Item Weight||14.4 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||26.8 pounds|
|Item Model Number||65-0201|
|Customer Reviews (Amazon)||4.4 out of 5 stars|
For sure, you’ll be infatuated with its heavy-duty construction and first-class performance. It features its powerful, double piston pump seal bar that allows the sealer to finish its task like a bat out of hell.With its ease of use, sealing will be a piece of cake you might be addicted to it. All you have to do is press the start button and voila! Sealed! And if you’re sealing delicate or soft foods, there is a manual control setting to allow you to set the pressure. With this feature, you’ll avoid crushing the food.The stainless steel sealer also has a transparent acrylic lid which aids with perfect bag alignment while you’re sealing. The LED lights will also enable you to monitor the stages of every sealing process. Thanks to the features of the Weston Pro-2300, you can be a professional vacuum sealer like no other!
This vacuum sealer comes from the renowned brand, Weston. Weston products are tailored for hunters, gardeners, and food enthusiasts who have a burning passion for farm-to-table and field-to-table foods. In short, this sealer is priced at such a high price because of the quality and performance it brings. The Weston Pro-2300 has 935 watts of power and an extra-long seal bar to ensure that your foods and other items are sealed with a solid, reliable closure every single time. Consistent dependable performance can clearly be seen in this product. Every penny will be worth it since it can do more than just preserve your foods. It even allows you to preserve other valuables like silver or rare coins. The Weston Pro-2300 stores with ease and safely keeps them in an airtight storage.
• Comes from a trusted brand
• Housing is made of stainless steel, therefore it’s durable
• Ideal for home and commercial use
• Features automatic and manual seal modes
• Allows you to seal a variety ofbag sizes up to 15” wide
• Has a see-through lid for easy bag alignment
• Has an LED light for easy monitoring
• Capable of sealing several of bags in one session
• Includes a detachable cord and a built-in storage drawer
• Includes an internal cooling fan
• Rarely overheats
• Its chamber seals are replaceable
• Can accept non-branded bags
• Parts are easy to find
• Made from Taiwan
• Has a two-year limited warranty
• More expensive than other vacuum sealers
• Has no internal bag storage
• No built-in bag cutter
• No accessory port
• Not designed for sealing jars and canisters
• Cannot seal foods with liquid or dry, powdery items (unless you’re extremely, thoroughly careful)
• Cannot seal 100 bags in one session
• Customers liked how it’s quieter than other vacuum sealers.
• The bags it requires are cheaper than what other brands accept.
• Quiet, quick, built like a tank.
• A customer recommended, “If you’re going to seal watery items, or items which can become watery when the vacuum is created (fish, tomatoes, grapes, etc.), it’s a good idea to put the items in the sealing bag, fold the bag over, and place in the freezer for a bit to harden the items up before sealing (folding over the bag minimizes ice crystals).”
• Some said it’s a beast and that it is heavy and large, which is a good thing because it implies quality.
• Customers also loved its ease of use.
• Most of them said it was worth the money and that it won’t disappoint.
• One contented user remarked, “The transparent lid is pretty greatsince you can spot kinks and alignment issues right away.”
• One customer complained, “It’s hard to store, especially if your kitchen is already crowded.”
• Others didn’t like their customer service.
• Another user said, “It doesn’t completely suck all the air out of the bags, especially on thicker or more oddly shaped (not flat) items.”
This may be pricey but if you want your food and valuable items sealed perfectly and they require large sealing bags, then this is the best option. If you want to have custom-sized bags or if you want to seal soups and sauces, this may not be the best choice. If you want a sealer that really sucks—sucks the air out of the bags, of course—invest in this sealer.