The Tiger JNP is one of the rice cookers that make every penny worth it. This durable, foolproof, trouble-free cooker deserves to be on this list for its exceptional performance. Unlike other rice cookers in its price range, the Tiger JNP won’t boil over. It will give you perfectly cooked, moist, and fluffy white rice,unlike any other rice cooker. Thanks to its well-built body, it will surely last for a long time. Plus, the sleek design makes your kitchen look classier.
Now, it’s time for you to check out its specifications, features, pros, cons, and customer feedback to help you decide.
|Product Dimensions||9.8 x 10.8 x 10.3 inches|
|Capacity||5.5 cups of uncooked rice|
|Item Weight||7.5 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||7.5 pounds|
|Manufacturer||Japan Tiger Corporation of U.S.A|
|Item Model Number||JNP-S10U-HU|
|Customer Reviews (Amazon)||4.4 out of 5 stars|
The Tiger JNP-S10U-HU features a non-stick inner pan that is so easy to clean and a retractable power cord that you can easily keep whenever you’re not using the rice cooker. Because of its keep-warm function, you can just leave it for up to 12 hours and it will still give you tasty, flawlessly cooked, and definitely not dry rice. With this function, you can set it up before you go to work and come home to the aroma of moist rice ready to be served for dinner. The removable and washable steam vent makes this rice cooker much, much easier to clean.
Aside from its features, the Tiger JNP is also easy to use. Just because it’s plain and simple doesn’t mean it’s categorized under the loser rice cookers. Simplicity is beauty. And with the urban satin color of this rice cooker, you’ll definitely love adding it to your kitchen. If you don’t want to make cooking guesses, this is the best one for you. Because it’s simple, instructions are easy to follow and recall. You just have to press the lever down to start cooking and that’s it. There are obviously fewer complications with this rice cooker. Another great thing about the Tiger JNP is it will maintain the great quality of rice it brought for the first years of use. That means even after three, six, or 12 years, it will still give the same perfectly-cooked rice. Plus, it evenly distributes heat due to the premium quality of its construction and well-insulated design.
• Construction is of high quality
• Using it is as easy as pie
• Instructions are foolproof.
• Lasts longer than most of its competitors
• Offers no boil-over issues
• Has a keep-warm feature up to 12 hours
• Quality of rice is great and stays the same over the years
• Rice does not stick to the bowl
• Cooking cycle is fast
• Has a retractable cord that’s easy to keep and saves kitchen counter space
• Includes a spatula and rice measuring cup
• Expensive for a single-switch rice cooker
• Has no programming for start time
• Cannot be used for steaming
• They have had no trouble with rice sticking to the bottom.
• The cooker is nicely sealed and cooks white rice well.
• A satisfied customer said, “No crunchy rice even when left on warm for extended periods, no boil over, even with a full pot and is easy to take apart and clean.”
• Customers said with Tiger, you have fluffy rice that’s kept well for hours—not crusty, hard, or crunchy.
• Some even said it can keep rice warm for two days or more.
• They loved its Japanese quality.
• They use it daily and would definitely buy again.
• Customers also said it cooks perfectly every time.
• Another happy customer commented, “Worth the money if you eat rice often. Keeps it warm all day. Cooks it quicker than other major Japanese rice cooker.”
• They also loved how fast it can cook rice.
• Customers had no trouble cleaning the Tiger JNP.
• One customer reviewed, “Money well spent. Rice was still good after 5 days.”
• They also lauded the retractable cord.
• It does not have an auto shut off.
• One customer complained, “I didn’t like it because it makes the rice yellow after 6 hours.”
• The nonstick layer inside the pan was also peeled off a little bit overtime.
It may not be as high-tech as other brands, but with the simplicity and durability it brings, you can never mess up cooking rice with this one. It’s safe to use, it looks beautiful, and it cooks rice perfectly. And that’s all you truly need from a rice cooker.