If you’re a rice lover who also can’t get enough of it, this Tiger rice cooker is the best kitchen partner for you. With this one, making rice will be as easy as ABCs and 123s. Featuring a Tacook plate that allows you to cook simple dishes while the rice is steaming below, the Tiger JBV-A10U-W is one innovative, multitasking cooker you can’t just ignore. It perfectly cooks fresh, sweet-smelling, moist rice that can be served any time of the day.
|Product Dimensions||13.9 x 10.6 x 8.4 inches|
|Capacity||5.5 cups of uncooked rice|
|Item Weight||5.7 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||8.2 pounds|
|Manufacturer||Japan Tiger Corporation of U.S.A|
|Item Model Number||JBV-A10U-W|
|Customer Reviews (Amazon)||4.5 out of 5 stars|
The Tiger JBV-A10U-W features a removable inner cooking pot that can be submerged for washing, making it easier to clean than other rice cookers. This is beneficial since you don’t have to worry about certain parts that can’t be submerged.In addition, the built-in carry handle makes it easy to transfer from your kitchen counter to your dinner table.It also highlights four menu settings and one of those is the synchro-cooking setting that involves the removable and washable Tacook plate, which is tailored to prevent flavors from food cooking inside to affect the taste of the rice cooking below. There are no holes on the bottom of the plate, so there’s no chance that the juices of the food cooking will grip down to the rice. And if you’re worried that the rice below will be smashed, don’t. The shape of the plate and the separation of the upper and lower level helps cook fluffy rice instead of Hulk-smashed rice.
The Tiger JBV-A10U-W also works as a slow cooker so it really is a multitasking cooker you should get your hands to. With this feature, you can cook one-pot recipes like stews, soups, and curries. It’s third and fourth menu settings are the plain rice and brown rice settings. It also prides itself of its one-push operation that makes cooking so easy. It also features a keep warm function to keep your rice fresh after the cooking cycle.
Aside from its easy operation, the exterior of this rice cooker is very easy to clean. You can just wipe it with a soft cloth and you’re done!The most important part, however, is not the cleaning up or the operation but the taste of the rice. And with the Tiger JBV-A10U-W, you won’t have any problem with the taste of the rice since it’s as great as it can get. The cooking process is convenient and you can even use it to cook oatmeal and other breakfast cereals. You’ll also love the easy-to-read, white markings on the inside of the dark gray part. And the best thing about the Tacook plate is it’s BPA-free, so it’s completely safe.
• Easy to use thanks to its one-push operation
• Easy to clean
• Has four menu settings
• Can be used as a slow cooker
• Has a synchro-cooking mechanism
• Its inner pot is removable and can be submerged for washing
• Has a built-in handle
• Cooks plain rice and brown rice perfectly
• Can be used to cook oatmeal
• Has a keep warm function
• Tacook plate is BPA-free
• Needs monitoring
• Lid is not detachable
• Keep warm function isn’t perfect—it will result in a layer of crunchy rice in the bottom of the pot if left for longer than an hour
• Doesn’t have an alarm or signal to indicate that the cooking cycle has ended
• Cord is not retractable
• Customers said this is a good rice cooker for the price.
• The packaging is done really well – lots of styrofoam padding. The booklets are very nicely printed on high-quality paper – just like products made in Japan.
• One satisfied customer reviewed, “The main thing I noticed is that there is never scalded rice on the bottom of the pan. It is perfectly cooked (I use mainly basmati) and all you need to do is simply wipe the pan with a clean cloth and it’s ready to go again.”
• They also said the little cooking tray does a great job at cooking meals while your rice cooks.
• Another happy user mentioned, “I mostly use the synchro cook function making both rice and entrée at the same time. I often cook beef, chicken, shrimp in this and comes out great. Very good product.”
• They also loved how it doesn’t burn anything.
• One customer remarked, “The little recipe book is nicely illustrated but nearly useless for me.”
• There is no timer on this appliance so you have to be there to start it manually.
• Another user said the coating of nonstick surface peels off and gets into the food and Tiger charges way too much for a replacement.
For $70, you can get this multitasking cooker that does the job perfectly. On the other hand, you might prefer a more expensive model if you don’t want to monitor a rice cooker. The features and built of this cooker, however, makes the price reasonable. In fact, investing in this cooker is one wise choice.