Slow cookers are ideal for those whose schedules are so busy that they can’t afford to squeeze in the “Cook dinner” task in their to-do list almost every day for the entire week, month, even year. If you’re one of those busy bees and you need a slow cooker priced less than $50, then you’ve got to get the Hamilton Beach Set ‘N Forget Slow Cooker. It offers modern convenience with a press of a button. It does much better when compared to other slow cookers between $40-$50. One bonus point is that it comes from Hamilton–a notable brand in the industry.
To help you decide, check out its specifications, features, pros, and cons.
|Product Dimensions||17 x 11 x 16 inches|
|Item Weight||15.1 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||15.4 pounds|
|Item Model Number||33967A|
|Customer Reviews (Amazon)||4.3 out of 5 stars|
The Hamilton Beach Set ‘N Forget Slow Cooker features three modes for a convenient, automatic cooking process: program, probe, and manual. The program mode is helpful during busy days since you can just program or set the cooking time and the cooker will automatically shift to Keep Warm Mode once the cooking cycle has ended. On the other hand, the probe is used when you’re craving for a pot roast, chicken or pork tenderloin. You just have to insert the probe, set the meat temperature, and let the Set ‘N Forget do what it’s meant to do—cook and shift to Keep Warm Mode once the desired temperature is reached. The manual mode is great if you want to go through the traditional slow cooking method without setting the cooking time. You can set the mode to warm, low, or high temperature. It also features side handles that are safe for transport.
The Hamilton Beach is safe to use thanks to its power-interrupt protection. This feature, whichkeeps the cooker on during unexpected and short outages, cannot be found in other slow cookers in its price range. You can cook soups, one-pot meals, and main courses with this versatile slow cooker. You can even make bread pudding and caramel apples!Cleaning will also be a piece of cake with this one since the stoneware and the tempered-glass lid are both dishwasher-safe. So you can eat while it’s being cleaned by your dishwasher. Plus, it comes with a clip-tight gasket lid, clip-on spoon, and a user manual with recipes. In all sincerity, you’ll be doing yourself a huge favor if you invest in this one.
• Extremely affordable
• Features three modes for cooking
• Automatically shifts to Keep Warm Mode
• Comes from a known brand
• Has an easy-to-read digital display
• Has three temperature options for the Manual mode
• Features a power-interrupt-protection
• Can be used to makedesserts
• Perfect for travelers
• Comes with a clip-on spoon, clip-tight gasket lid, and a user manual
• Has a two-year limited warranty
• Its lock and handles are of lower quality compared to other slow cookers
• 24-inch plug was short
• Customersliked howyou can program it to use the included thermometer to cook until it reaches the desired temperature or set a timer.
• They also loved the lower heat setting that keeps the food warm without burning it.
• A delighted customer remarked, “I cook a lot of meat in it because the meat comes out so tender.”
• They said it works very well and is attractive as a crock-pot could be.
• The temperature probe ensures roasts and such are properly cooked.
• It is easy to use and program, easy to clean and is pretty big.
• The handle latches lock down the cover (it has a rubber gasket to form a tight seal) so you can take it with you without worrying that your food will spill all over the car.
• It’s a very reliable crock-pot.
• It’s not big enough and it’s manual.
• It just stopped working after 9 months.
• One customer commented, “We’ve used it about 10 times since purchase and today came home to the lid shattered and food ruined. How does a crock pot lid completely shatter from heat?”
• It beeps so loud, according to some customers.
• The lid is annoyingly difficult to get on and off.
• The probe setting cooks way too fast, according to some customers.
• It has a tendency to suddenly shut off even after restarting it.
• The outside of the pot gets extremely hot even on low setting.
Stop stressing yourself around the kitchen and get this affordable, easy-to-use, reliable slow cooker. It’s perfect for the preparation of your meals–from appetizers to dessert, the Hamilton Beach Set ‘N Forget can cover them all!Purchase this and “forget” all your troubles. And if you feel like you want to see other slow cookers, check out our top rated slow cooker reviews.