I say this is an honorable mention because it’s one of the vacuum sealers that will make you comment, “Incredible!”, “Thumbs up!”, and “World-class!”If you want a unit that does it all and costs less than $150, then I recommend the FoodSaver V4440 to you. With this 10-pound sealer, you can now safely vacuum-seal and freeze vegetables, meats, cheeses, soups and sauces. The included FoodSaver bags and rolls are designed to be sous vide safe so packing food with juices won’t be an issue. It goes without saying, it’s recognition-worthy and kitchen-worthy.
|Product Dimensions||11 x 20 x 12 inches|
|Item Weight||10 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||10.3 pounds|
|Manufacturer||Jarden Consumer Solutions|
|Item Model Number||FSFSSL4440-000|
|Customer Reviews (Amazon)||4.5 out of 5 stars|
The FoodSaver V4440 features a patented, detachable drip tray that’s easy to clean. The clever 2-step process allows sealing and saving quick and easy. Thanks to its Rapid Marinate Mode, you can get marinated food in a matter of minutes. The retractable handheld sealer can also seal zipper bags, containers, and canisters. In addition, it can automatically detect the bags. With this feature, you don’t have to manually hold or close the top cover. With its airtight heat seal feature, you can be sure that the air will be kept out. This is possible because of the multi-layer material heat seals that also prevent freezer burn. You’ll even love the built-in roller cutter that helps reduce bag wastage by enabling you to cut the bags according to the size you prefer.Plus, the FoodSaver V4440 has a built-in convenient roll storage to allow a clutter-free kitchen counter.
Sealing with definitely be fun and space-saving with the FoodSaver V4440. Aside from its impressive features, you can be sure that the food you preserve in each FoodSaver bag is chemical-free. After freezing meats and heating them in your microwave, it would seem like they’re freshly cooked. Nothing maintains the taste and quality of your food better than this one. The type of food you can seal with this one is almost limitless. You can even seal pastries like cookies and muffins because it won’t crush your food while during the process. The versatility doesn’t end there. It even works on other containers like jars and canisters without requiring you to get an accessory hose. It’s clearly a wise investment. Besides, it comes from one of the best brands on the market, so your food will definitely get the vacuum sealing it deserves.
• Versatile (can vacuum and seal bags, containers, and canisters)
• Fully automatic
• Gives an airtight heat seal
• Can marinate
• Has a sleek design
• Occupies minimal space on the kitchen counter
• Fast and economical
• Easy to operate
• Seals delicate foods
• Doesn’t require additional accessories
• Has a removable and dishwasher-safe drip tray
• Allows you to reuse bags up to five times
• Includes a built-in roll dispenser and cutter for making custom-sized bag
• Comes with a starter kit
• Prefers FoodSaver bags
• Not ideal for heavy-duty
• May overheat so you have to give it a downtime of 10-20 minutes before the next sealing session.
• They praised how well it marinates.
• A pleased user reviewed, “The removable tray makes it much easier to keep clean and the switch that allows me to change the seal for either dry or wet food is extremely nice to have.”
• Customers also said there is great suction in the bags.
• The bag storage and cutter on the top make it very easy to cut the size of bag that you will need.
• Another customer remarked, “By removing the air with the food saver, I can make a week’s worth of salads in one batch and the last one at the end of the week is as fresh as the first.”
• They say it’s a must-have item for any household.
• They also lauded its ability to seal all of the knots, seeds, and dried fruits.
• Almost all of the customers loved how the quality of food is preserved for a greater extended period than regular freezer bag method.
• It’s a bit loud according to some customers.
• A customer said it only vacuums completely about half the time.
• Some also mentioned that you have to double seal when bagging for sous vide to be safe.
• One customer complained, “It works but is very slow, even for home use.”
• Another disappointed user said, “It worked great a few times, then the ‘tray is full’ sensor started acting up. Emptying the tray did not solve this issue and the unit will not work when the sensor is activated.”
You’ll probably be upset about the waiting time between the sealing sessions, but all in all, it’s the only major downside it has. There were a few complaints but not all drawbacks were applicable to the product.To sum up, it’s still affordable, sturdy, and an incredible vacuum sealer. If you are opting for a vacuum sealer that gives quality sealing and isn’t so pricey, then trust the reliable FoodSaver V4440.