Vacuum sealing your food is the best way to save space in your kitchen, freezer, and fridge because it only takes up the volume of your food. It also preserves the taste and quality of your food. However, with quite a few costly vacuum sealers on the market, you might wonder if you need one at all. Let me tell you one thing now, throw all your worries and wonder no more because the FoodSaver V2244 is exactly made for you. It’s the best vacuum sealer for the money and the best vacuum sealer for sous vide. Compared to other vacuum sealers, this one is priced at $80 only without compromising the quality. Its notable performance is the reason why it has been crowned as the best seller on Amazon. Read on and you’ll love this lightweight vacuum sealer.
|Product Dimensions||5.9 x 10.6 x 17.7 inches|
|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||5 pounds|
|Item Model Number||FSFSSL2244-000|
|Customer Reviews (Amazon)||4.0 out of 5 stars|
The FoodSaver V2244 is small and lightweight, which makes it a lot easier to transfer from one place to another. It also makes storage effortless.This vacuum sealer also features an automatic operation—totally foolproof and offers plain sailing. The manual override allows you to cut the vacuum process off. It can even seal delicate foods like lettuce and fruits. This budget sealer also highlights a removable, dishwasher-safe drip tray that catches overflow liquids whenever it’s sealing food with juices. With the sealer’s extra wide sealing with a double seal, sealing large sized food with the roll of bag material is possible. The integral accessory port of the FoodSaver V2244 allows the included hose to be utilized for the vacuum sealing of jars or FoodSaver vacuum storage boxes as well. Talk about convenience and practicability! If you don’t want to seal bags without vacuuming the air out first, you can do so thanks to the non-vacuum sealing option in this budget sealer.Imagine all these features squeezed in a one-pound appliance! The package also includes five vacuum bags (three qt. size bags and two gallon-sized bags)and a heat-sealing roll of bag material to allow you to make custom-sized bags.
Cooking large portions of food or buying a bulk from anywhere else won’t be a problem anymore. If you can’t finish them, the FoodSaver V2244 will do its job for you. It’s the best partner for preserving food without damaging the food’s color, taste, and quality. Its strong motor works smoothly, rapidly, and quietly. Owing to its one-touch, foolproof operation, it’s recognized as one of the best vacuum sealers for home use. If you want to go further or if you can afford in the future, you can even add accessories for this one. With the FoodSaver Quick Marinator, marinating can be done in a few minutes instead of hours. You can also purchase an attachment hose that allows you to suck the air out of standard, wide-mouth mason jars.
• Extremely affordable
• Easy to operate and store because of its light weight
• Easy to clean since most of its parts are dishwasher safe
• Can seal even delicate foods
• Usable on a variety of containers
• Has a durable construction
• Has a one-year limited warranty
• Its starter kit is perfect for beginners
• Highly popular due to its reasonable pricing and the quality of the end result
• Allows you to reuse the bags (up to five times)after washing them thoroughly
• Best budget vacuum sealer
• Bestseller on Amazon
• Best vacuum sealer for sous vide
• Does not have a built-in cutter
• Works best with FoodSaver sealing bags only or something equivalent
• Warranty doesn’t cover all parts or labor, so you may have to pay for repairs or replacement of the unit
• The unit may seal without sucking the air out first.
• Customers appreciated how light it was.
• A gratified customer reviewed, “The ability to freeze “pre-leftovers” is convenient and saves money. And the quality of the vacuum sealed foods is practically the same as fresh-prepared.”
• This unit is well built and performs very consistently.
• Their customer service representatives are courteous and helpful.
• Another user commented, “A nice feature is that I can push the button for ‘seal-vacuum’ and when it has drawn the air down to the point I want it, I can then push seal and stop it from continuing to pull a vacuum.”
• They loved how it is able to reseal crackers, cereal, and other cabinet foods as well.
• Customers also found the labels on the bags practical as they allow you to write in the day/year it was sealed.
• They said it was so easy to use.
• It takes less than a minute to cool down for reuse.
• Sealing gaskets need to be maintained properly and replaced at least once a year.
• Some say the warranty is useless.
• One customer said, “You have to buy the leak-proof bags for things that have moisture in them otherwise it won’t seal right. Sometimes you have to reseal it twice.”
The FoodSaver is worth the price. It may not have the fanciest features on the market, but it will do the chore it was meant to do—vacuum seal. It’s easy to clean, easy to operate, lightweight, plus, itdownrightsuits your tight budget.