Don’t want to settle for less? Then the Cuisinart MSC-600 multi-cooker is perfect for you. This 3-in-1 cook central has its own programmable controls that will take your cooking experience to a whole new level. You can now brown, sauté, and steam your dish in a single kitchen appliance without needing any other pot. It’s the best option for slow cooking with its high, low, and simmer temperature settings. The Cuisinart MSC-600 is perfect for any dish you’re trying to make; whether it needs to be cooked for two hours or 10.You may not get a hold of it yet if you’re looking for your first slow cooker, but with proper guidance, you can get the best out of it.This is absolutely the best slow cooker for the money.
|Product Dimensions||12 x 19 x 9.5 inches|
|Item Weight||16 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||17.4 pounds|
|Item Model Number||MSC-600|
|Customer Reviews (Amazon)||4.4 out of 5 stars|
What you’ll really appreciate about the Cuisinart MSC-600 is its multi-cooking ability. It can sauté your ingredients, brown the meats, and it can even simmer. Because of its removable, inner pot with a nonstick coating, sautéing and browning is hassle-free. It also features three options under its slow cooking option—low, high, and simmer. Plus, once it’s done cooking, it will automatically switch to the Keep Warm Mode. This way, you don’t have to worry about burnt nor cold food.And if you’ll ever need to prepare your ingredients ahead of time, like a day early, the Cuisinart can help you with that thanks to its 24-hour delay timer.
It also features an LCD backlit display and a control panel that lets you easily operate the settings with just a press of a button. The control panel allows you to set the time and temperature. You can even switch functions during the cooking cycle anytime you prefer. You can also set the temperature alone and let it cook. It will continue cooking until you turn it off.The Cuisinart MSC-600 also highlights a clear glass lid with a black, cool-touch handle to keep your hand from getting burnt.In addition, its steaming rack allows you to steam your greens, fish, shrimp, and others just by adding two quarts of water or broth, covering the lid and letting the steaming process finish.
For your information, slow cook temperatures are 165ºF (warm), 185ºF (simmer), 200ºF (low), and 212ºF (high). The temperature for sautéing is default at 350ºF but can be programmed from 140 to 400 degrees in 25-degree increments.
Aside from the brilliance of its features, you’ll also find the cleaning up process trouble-free. The steaming rack, the lid, and the inner pot are all removable and dishwasher safe. This 3-in-1 cooker is also from one of the best brands in the industry. Besides, it features a 3-year limited period warranty, so you can be sure that you’ll be getting one impressive cooker.
• Easy to operate
• Can sear, sauté, brown, and slow cook
• Has a removable inner pot, lid, and steaming rack
• Its parts are dishwasher-safe.
• Doesn’t heat up much
• Easy to transport
• Has a 24-hour delay timer
• Can work as a skillet and steaming machine
• Automatically switches to Keep Warm Mode
• Has time and temperature adjustment settings
• Has a 3-year limited warranty
• Nonstick coating may come off
• Takes up much space on your kitchen counter
• Doesn’t have a locking lid feature
• Customers loved how it operates as advertised.
• They liked how they are able to control the temperatures more accurately compared to their previous slow cookers.
• A satisfied customer commented, “With this unit, I like that I can touch the handle of the lid or the handle of the insert without needing a hot pad, unlike the lid/handles of my other two slow cookers.”
• They also said it doesn’t take up much kitchen space and it looks great.
• Most of them mentioned that it was the greatest investment they’ve made in their kitchen.
• Another user reviewed, “No more extra skillets and sauté pans with this slow cooker.I also love the way the pan sits down into the base. The outward rim allows spills and boils overs to seep outside the cooker instead of between the pan and base.”
• One disappointed customer said, “After taking great care to prevent scratches and bubbling as noted in other reviews the lining has started deteriorating and exposes corroding metal under.”
• Some users complained about the poor customer service.
• The outside unit heats up.
The versatility of this pot is what makes it worthy of your money. It may have a few drawbacks, but with the options it offers and the numerous dishes you can prepare with it, every flaw becomes unnoticeable.