Can’t spend more than $40 on a slow cooker you badly need and want? You don’t have to mope now and that’s all because of the budget buy Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S Cook and Carry Slow Cooker. You don’t have to compromise any slow cooking activity with this extremely affordable cooker. Even if you’re just a beginner, you’ll love the functionality of the Crock-Pot Cook and Carry.It’s perfect for large families and those who love to travel and go on a picnic bringing warm, fresh, home cooked food around.
|Product Dimensions||15 x 10 x 15.2 inches|
|Item Weight||8 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||15.6 pounds|
|Item Model Number||SCCPVL610-S-A-CB|
|Customer Reviews (Amazon)||4.3 out of 5 stars|
The Crock-Pot Cook and Carry features an easy-to-read display for timer. Its digital programmable timer can be set from 30 minutes to 24 hours at 30-minute increments.You can either choose the low or high setting for your dish. You’ll also appreciate the rubber seal that prevents water from gathering around the lid. Thanks to this rubber seal, the cooker won’t rattle during the cooking process as well.
This sturdy, well-designed pot is also portable. It comes with a clampdown sealable gasket that prevents food from spilling while it’s being transported. Add that up to the two dependable carrying handles and you get one brilliant, easy-to-handle slow cooker. It helps you cook and carry your food. You won’t need to transfer the food inside since the removable inner, oval-shaped stoneware is presentable enough to be served on the table. Plus, it’s energy efficient, keeping your food warm for a long time.
Aside from its portability feature unlike any other cheap slow cookers, the Crock-Pot Cook and Carry is also easy to maintain. The stoneware dish and the glass lid are both dishwasher-safe. You can also wash them by hand with soap and water if that’s what you prefer. Another great benefit you can from this one is how its stoneware dish is oven and microwave safe. In case you don’t finish the food from your trip, you can heat up the food in the microwave on the next day. Its ease of use makes it less complicated than other slow cookers as well—offering you lesser time to study how to use the pot.
• Extremely affordable
• Easy to use
• Easy to handle
• Includes a digital programmable timer (30mins.-24 hours)
• Stoneware dish is microwave, oven, and dishwasher safe.
• Has a Keep Warm Mode
• Energy efficient
• Ideal for large families
• Has a one-year limited warranty
• You have to manually switch it to Keep Warm Mode
• The unit gets hot while cooking
• You have to brown your food using another proper pot before slow cooking it.
• Cannot sauté
• Customerslauded how great it operates.
• They also mentioned that with the programmable timer, the slow cooker becomeseasier to use.
• One delighted customer said, “The removable liner is easy to clean. Heat settings work fine. The lockable top is perfect for carrying in a car without fearing a spill.”
• They highly appreciated the Keep Warm mode.
• It also cooks evenly.
• They also said it’s easy to clean.
• Their customer service is awesome.
• Customers said this is the easiest cooking tool.
• The locking lid seals perfectly which is perfect for travel.
• They lauded how it thoroughly cooks without drying the food.
• Most of the customers commented that it is a great investment and that they would recommend this anytime.
• Another pleased customer reviewed that it is easy to clean because “…you can take the insert out and don’t have to worry about getting the electric wet.”
• In some cases, the thermostat didn’t work as it should.
• It can be a little tricky to align everything when you’re trying to snap on the lid.
• A dissatisfied customer remarked, “The second time I used it, the locking assembly fell apart, dumping screws and washers into the food.”
• Another customer mentioned, “The top handle area is screwed on, and when you wash the lid the dishwater liquid gets trapped between the glass and the handle that is screwed on.”
• Almost all customersdidn’t like the sauce that came with it.
• One customer wished it was lighter because when it’s full of food, it is almost too heavy to carry.
You probably should not expect so many features with this affordable slow cooking pot. But the flexibility of its programmable timer and portability of the pot itself makes cooking and carrying food much easier. There is no perfect machine but this is definitely worth every penny especially if you can’t afford an expensive slow cooker. There may be a number of complaints, but it’s the best seller on Amazon.