There are only four words you have to remember if your budget for a slow cooker is more than $50 but less than $70–CROCK-POT COUNTDOWN SLOW COOKER. This cooker deserves to be on this review because of its two-step process. This flexible slow cooker allows you to sear and slow cook in one pot. With this one, you won’t need another pot for browning/searing meat on your stovetop before the slow cooking process. Buying this is definitely a wise choice.
Let’s move on to the specifications, features, pros, and cons to help you come up with a decision.
|Product Dimensions||11 x 20 x 12 inches|
|Item Weight||10 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||11.4 pounds|
|Manufacturer||Jarden Consumer Solutions|
|Item Model Number||FSFSSL4840-000|
|Customer Reviews (Amazon)||4.5 out of 5 stars|
Crock-Pot has done it again with this 6-Quart Countdown Slow Cooker. It’s made of stainless steel and it comes with a stovetop-safe cooking pot which is its most powerful strength. Browning your roasts before you start slow cooking will now be much, much easier with the slow cooker because its inner pot can be used on top of your stove to sear or brown meat. After doing the first process, you can easily transfer it to its heating base to begin the slow cooking process. Want to sauté onions and peppers before slow cooking? It won’t be a problem.Thanks to its removable, ceramic-coated cooking pot, you won’t need another pot for searing and browning.
In addition, it also highlights a digital timer that counts down cooking time. You can also set your cooking time from 30 minutes to 20 hours. The Crock-Pot Countdown Slow Cooker also features an indicator light for the three basic cooking settings: low, high, and keep warm. The Select button allows you to pick the temperature you want for your meal. In addition to that, this slow cooker automatically shifts to keep warm mode once the cooking time is up. The glass lid also allows you to check the progress of the cooking cycle. It also helps retain the flavor of your food by trapping the heat and moisture.Cook any dish with this versatile slow cooker and you might never stop using it.
The removable stoneware pot is the reason why you should buy this slow cooker. It will save you another pot to worry about and clean especially if you’re a busy, working person. It makes searing, browning, sautéing, and slow cooking fun and easy.The clean-up process won’t be a problem as well since the DuraCeramic coating of the pot prevents the food from sticking to it, making it easy to clean.Plus, adding this slow cooker with a brushed stainless steel finish to your kitchen counter is one great choice. Lastly, it comes from one of the most trusted brands in the industry. Crock-Pot is famous for their quality and high-performing products.
• Has a removable, stainless steel, stovetop-safe cooking pot
• Can be used to sear, brown, and sauté
• Includes the three basic cooking settings
• The cooking time can be programmed
• Has a digital timer that counts down cooking time
• Shifts automatically to Keep Warm Mode
• Its glass lid help preserves the flavor of the food
• The cooking pot is presentable to be used as a serving dish
• Has a brushed stainless steel finish
• Has a 3-year limited warranty
• Comes with PTFE and PFOA-free certification for safety
• The cooking pot is dishwasher-safe but the dishwasher safe might scratch its ceramic coating.
• The cooker gets extremely hot even when set on low setting.
• The lid handle isn’t durable.
• A customer remarked, “This one is designed for you to sauté the food on the stove and then transfer the same pot to the slow cooker, thus eliminating the need for an extra pot. It’s lightweight and has a programmable timer.”
• You can brown meat on your stovetop right inside the insert.
• They loved how it automatically turns over to the warm setting once the cooking time is up.
• Another satisfied customer mentioned, “It’s made of a different material to be able to do the stove top browning and honestly I think it’s great.”
• Customers also loved the light weight of the unit.
• One customer complained about the coating that comes off easily because it’s too thin.
• The odors from the last dishwon’t come out with per direction cleaning.
• A customer reviewed, “We consistently have to adjust the cook time down by about half to cook our food properly, which defeats the purpose of using it to cook food while we’re out for the day.”
• They did not like how hot the housing gets when it’s cooking.
Despite the drawbacks, it’s still worth every penny. It’s one of the most competitive slow cookers under $100 and the number of satisfied customers is the evidence. Having a moderate price is also one of its advantages; it willfulfill your kitchen needs without hurting your bank account.