High-quality products come from trusted brands in the industry. And although there are a plethora of choices out there on the market, we can narrow them down by considering the vacuum sealers that come from acclaimed brands that are guaranteed to give the best results and offer the most useful features for your needs.Let’s take a look at these brands. Note that the list below is in alphabetical order.
1. Breville – This Australian brand is recognized for the design and quality of their products. Their elite, innovative products that are delivered to over 50 countries all around the globe make them popular and worthy to be on this list.Aside from their classy, professional-looking Fresh Keeper Duo vacuum sealers, they are also widely acknowledged for their bread makers, food processors, blenders, deep fryers, rice cookers, grills, pressure cookers, ovens, sous vide, and so on and so forth.
2. Cuisinart – Founded in 1989, Cuisinart’s mission is to help their customers “Savor the Good Life®.”They are noted for their wide variety of products for professional and home chefs. They are currently known for their Griddler, whichbrings the ultimate kitchen makeover. They have electric knives, blenders, hand blenders, popcorn makers, stainless cookware, and baking tools. Although they only have one vacuum sealer, it’s actually one of the best and most affordable ones on the market.
3. FoodSaver – The Jarden Corporation acquired Tilia International, which was the former owner of FoodSaver,in April 2002. Jarden is a U.S. consumer products company known for their outdoors and home appliances. FoodSaver is known for their variety of vacuum sealers that are loved by their customers. Their FM500 series is the latest innovation in food preservation. They have all the products you need to start preserving food and live a healthy life.
4. Hamilton Beach – Hamilton Beach offers one of the most affordable vacuum sealers today—the NutriFresh™ Vacuum Sealer. Their brands can be found in households across America, Canada,and Mexico. They sell over 35 million appliances every year, which is an evidence that their products are one of the best ones you can ever encounter. They also offer drink mixers, juicers, toasters, air purifiers, skillets and griddles, pizza makers, and other products with the aim help their customers apply Good Thinking®.
5. Oster – Oster products provides world-class performance. They are durable and versatile. This company started when the great Steven J. Poplawski invented the drink mixer in 1922. Since then, they’ve been offering innovative, high-quality products to their customers.They aim to encourage their customers to have a healthy living from their mixers, juicers, toasters, to coffeemakers, bread makers, and microwaves.
6. Weston – Weston claims to make products that empower people to reconnect with real food. Fortunately, they are true to their claim. Their products are perfect for hunters, gatherers, and locavores who prefer a self-sustaining approach to food. Aside from their variety of vacuum sealers, they are also lauded for their meat processors and other products like deep fryers, pasta machines, and slow cookers.
If you haven’t found a vacuum sealer yet, then head over to our comprehensive vacuum sealer buying guide.
Vacuum sealers are beneficial for storing food and other items. They are also perfect for extending the shelf life of dry goods, especially dried fruit, herbs, spices, even sugar, and flour. There are so many reasons why you should have one. Owning and using it makes storage a child’s play. But before I discuss how it should be used, let me answer the question:
Oxygen is one of the factors that spoils food. When food oxidizes, that means it’s combined with oxygen. A vacuum sealer, therefore, takes all the air out of a plastic bag so that the food won’t oxidize and it will last longer. After taking the air out, the vacuum sealer slightly melts the top edges of the plastic bag together to make sure the food is in an airtight environment.The bag can only be opened by cutting it. Chamber or internal type of vacuum sealerhave a vacuum pump instead of a vacuum channel as that in an external vacuum sealer. This type can seal a volume of liquid and uses a different type of sealing bag.Other vacuum sealers come with specialized canisters that can hold a vacuum and be sealed.
Let’s move on to the steps on how to use an external vacuum sealer
1. Place the bag roll inside the vacuum sealer. The first thing you’ll do is find where the sealing bag roll gets in. Be sure that the roll is coming over the top.Make sure to pull it out until it reaches your desired bag size. Leave 2-4 inchesof clear space at the top of the sealer bag.
2. Cut the bag by using the cutter. If your vacuum sealer doesn’t have a built-in cutter, manually cut it to your desired size.
3. Turn the vacuum sealer on. This can be done with a press of a button.
4. Seal one of the ends of your bag by sliding it in the vacuum sealer. This is applicable only if you’re making your own bag.
5. Once the vacuum sealer detects the bag, a light will come on and you have to press the button so it won’t vacuum.
6. Choose the sealing option to seal the bag. Wait for it to finish sealing. An indicator will tell you once it’s done. Note that most vacuum sealers occupy 1 inch, so it’s really important to leave a couple of inches before cutting to make sure your food can fit into your custom-sized bag.
7. Place your food/item inside the sealing bag.
8. Insert the other end of the bag (unsealed) to the vacuum sealer. Some may find the inserting process a little tricky, but just be patient, maybe straighten it up even more and jiggle it untilthe vacuum sealer detects the bag.
9. Wait for it to vacuum and seal.
If you have a chamber/internal vacuum sealer, however, steps 3-6aren’t necessary. After cutting the bag, you just have to place the food inside your sealing bag. Then, place the whole bag inside the vacuum sealer while making sure that the edge that should be sealed is crossing over the sealing bar. Close the vacuum sealer and wait for it to seal. Voila! You’re done!
1. Freeze the food after sealing to preserve their flavor and quality.
2. Freeze liquids and dry, grainy foods like spices and powders before vacuum sealing so that they won’t get sucked into the machine and damage your vacuum sealer.
3. Don’t vacuum seal raw meat because they will spoil.
4. Never overfill the sealer bag.
5. Be sure that you’re using the appropriate sealer bag for the food you’re preserving and for the type of vacuum sealer you have.
The best thing to do is read the manual of your vacuum sealer. Other vacuum sealers work differently so it’s better to read and seal thanbseal and be sorry.
Still haven’t found a vacuum sealer? check out our reviews of the top rated vacuum sealers.