On an extremely tight budget? The Granite Ware will only cost you $60 while working as a pressure cooker, pressure canner, and steamer. This is the definition of “budget buy”—it fits your budget without compromising the quality.It’s the one affordable, multitasking pot everyone is looking for. It even ranked 12 under Pressure Cookers on Amazon. With its decent capacity, you’ll absolutely love adding this to your kitchen wares.Plus, it’s known as the best pressure cooker for canning.
So, let’s check out its specifications, features, pros, cons, and customer feedback to help you decide.
|Product Dimensions||14.5 x 14.2 x 13.4 inches|
|Item Weight||11.2 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||13.7 pounds|
|Manufacturer||Columbian Home Products|
|Item Model Number||0730-2|
|Customer Reviews (Amazon)||4.5 out of 5 stars|
This kitchen appliance isn’t just a canner, it’s also a pressure cooker and steamer. Imagine having three functions for less than $60! It’s not only a great investment, it’s a wise choice.With its 20-quart capacity, this multitasking pot can accommodate safe and large-scale canning while providing enough cooking capacity for a medium-large family. It can hold up to seven one-quart jars, eight one-pint jars, or 24 half-pint jars. It also features an adjustable 3-piece pressure regulator system.
It also features stay-cool handles and a locking stainless steel lid. The Granite Ware also highlights a pop-up pressure indicator that locks the lid in place, preventing you from opening the canner while it’s pressurized. Suppose the vent pipe, located in the center of the lid, fails, an additional black-capped safety valve will go off and a second all-metal safety valve will release the pressure left while sounding an alarm.
The package even includes a canning jar rack that fits down into the pot and comes with folding handles for easy raising and lowering. The included steamer trivet also fits into the stepped portion of the pot about 1/3 up from the bottom to hold food out of the cooking liquid. This trivet can also handle large capacity steaming needs for seafood, pot roasts, so on and so forth.
Because the Granite Ware is made of hard anodized aluminum, it’s one durable, professional-quality tool for your kitchen. Aside from that, this pot is also safe. Because it meets UL standards, that means it’s been tested and approved. It also meets USDA safety standards for canning, making it an ideal choice for any canning job. As a pressure canner, it allows you to can poultry, meats, and low-acid vegetables safely.It preserves the nutrients and flavors of your food, tenderizes meats, and cooks many foods thanks to its large capacity.Buying this wouldn’t hurt your wallet. Plus, you’d get three functions in one pot.
• Extremely affordable
• Works as a pressure cooker, pressure canner, and steamer
• Has a large capacity that can accommodate seven one-quart jars, eight one-pint jars, or 24 half-pint jars.
• Made of hard anodized aluminum, making it sturdy
• Has stay-cool handles and a locking stainless steel lid
• Has safety features that prevent burning
• Tenderizes tough cuts of meats
• Preserves the taste and nutrients of the canned food
• Offers three pressure levels
• UL and USDA approved, therefore it’s safe to use
• Comes with a steaming trivet and a canning jar rack
• The usual practice of stacking jars in two layers does not work with this unit.
• Barely has instructions about its assembly and operation
• Doesn’t come with a recipe book
• They said it’s a good canner for preserving foods like low-acid foods, meats, and other non-acid foods.
• Customers loved how it was easy to clean and use.
• It has an amazing value and is high quality.
• One happy customer commented, “If you want to pressure can some quality foods for storage, be those veggies from your garden or the local farmer’s market; or make up your favorite baked bean or beef stew and can it for later use, this is a great cooker to invest in.”
• They also loved the packaging which was very well done.
• The cooker itself is very sturdy and well made.
• Another satisfied customer remarked, “The aluminum is nice for a pot this large because it’s easier to lift and handle.”
• For the price, this is a very economical canner. And as a pressure canner, it’s great and does the job.
• It’s great for cooking large quantities, according to numerous customers.
• Due to its design, the jars tend to tip over.
• It will not work on an induction cook.
• One customer said, “As a pressure cooker, I would suggest you be very cautious about burning food to the bottom since it has a relatively thin, lightweight bottom.”
When all is said and done, this may not be the most high-tech multitasking pot out there, but it sure does the job of three pots. With its cheap price tag, safety features, and large capacity, cooking, canning, and steaming will be a lot easier.
If you want an overview over the best pressure canners on the market, check out our guide.
It’s always a wise choice to buy from a renowned brand. Purchasing a canner from a trusted brand will save you a lot of time and money since they can last longer than other brands. To help you decide, I’ve listed the top 5 brands in the industry. These brands have been tested and proven by numerous customers. Note that they are in alphabetical order.
Still looking for a comprehensive pressure canner comparison? Check out our pressure canner reviews.
Follow these steps and you’ll experience the wonders of pressure canning firsthand:
Voila! You’re done. You now know how to use a pressure canner and how to properly store your jars.
How would you find a large, heavy-duty pressure cooker that works as a pressure canner as well? It’d be great, wouldn’t it? Well, that’s exactly what this American classic is. The All American 921 is here to save your 6-7:00 dinner time by simply pressure cooking your meal so you could eat sooner or by storing ready-made food for instant dinner. This pot is the answer to the prayers of busy parents who has to work eight hours a day and get home at around 5:30 p.m. I mean, let’s cut to the chase. Having the energy to cook after so many paperwork and meetings, not to mention the ever-annoying traffic, is barely possible. That’s why this cooker/canner is the best kitchen companion. Just let it amaze you with its less than 250-dollar price and you’ll know why it’s very highly rated on Amazon.
|Product Dimensions||16 x 15 x 17 inches|
|Item Weight||20 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||24.2 pounds|
|Manufacturer||Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry|
|Item Model Number||921|
|Customer Reviews (Amazon)||4.9 out of 5 stars|
Like I mentioned earlier, this is a heavy-duty pressure cooker/canner. Its aluminum construction and professional quality make it durable for fast, even heating, and insulation throughout the pot. In addition, the aluminum is lightweight, making it easier to transport and handle.With its beneficial large size, the All American 921 can hold up to 19 one-pint jars or 14 one-quart jars.It highlights a geared steam gauge; a pressure regulator weight with 5, 10, and 15 psi settings; and it’s equipped with two automatic venting features that provide an additional margin of safety. Its safety features include the safety control valve, the overpressure plug, and the stay-cool bakelite top handle to prevent you from burning yourself.Along with the metal-to-metal sealing system for a steam-tight seal and super thick edges for supplemental protection and smooth, the All American 921 is definitely one safe pot. It’s even easy-to-clean. You’ll also fall in love with its beautiful satin finish that gives that pot a classy look.
One characteristic you’ll love about this pressure cooker/canner is how it heats evenly, thanks to its aluminum material. Because it’s a reliable pot, it allows you to use it for how many times you like. Not only that, as a large pressure canner, putting two layers of quart and half-quart jars as it has two trays to accommodate all these is within the bounds.If you aren’t convinced yet, just look at its rating on Amazon. With a 4.9 rating out of 5, who would ever doubt this one? Do yourself a favor and add yourself up to the 2,511 customers who were and still are satisfied with the All American 921.
• Works as a pressure cooker and a pressure canner
• Heavy-duty and dependable
• Made of lightweight aluminum
• Lighter than other pressure cookers with the same capacity
• Heats food evenly all throughout the pot
• Has three pressure settings: 5, 10, and 15 psi
• Doesn’t need a gasket thanks to its metal-to-metal seal clamps and screws
• Has a stay-cool handle to prevent your hand from burning
• Can occupy two layers of quart and half-quart jars
• Comes from a trusted brand
• It’s heavy, considering its 20-pound weight.
• It takes much time to heat up and cool down because of the thickness of the pot.
• You cannot use it on ceramic or glass stoves because of its weight.
• Customers loved how it doesn’t require a gasket.
• This All American pressure cooker never leaked and the lid fit perfectly time after time.
• One satisfied customer said, “This is a very high quality, heavy weight canner. It practically screams, ‘Industrial strength!’”
• They also said once it’s at pressure, maintaining the required pressure becomes easy since you don’t have to constantly vent off excess pressure.
• A customer even remarked, “It’s big, it’s beautiful, works like a charm.”
• Customers said it is easy to use.
• The quality is the best and will last for a very long time.
• Another happy customer reviewed, “The weighted pressure gauge makes operation almost foolproof.”
• The canner weighs 20 pounds when it’s empty. They said unless you work out regularly, you’re not going to fill the canner on the counter and then carry it to the stove.
• This canner requires at least a 16-inch clearance over your range. If your range has an upper oven, the canner might not fit.
• One customer said, “It seemed like a great canner but it’s not great for cooking. Food/oil will stick inside because the surface inside isn’t smooth and full of machine grooved pattern.”
• They didn’t like how it cannot be used on a glass top stove.
• Another customer commented, “It leaves a metallic taste to the food.”
The All American 921 might have weight issues, but itactuallyadds up to its durability. It may be heavy, but it does its job pretty well, leaving you satisfied and utterly grateful.
In need of a pressure cooker and a pressure canner that’ll cost you less than $80.00? Then your search is over. The Presto 01781 is a perfect choice. You won’t get disappointed with its large capacity and affordable price. Plus, it comes from Presto, one of the most recommended brands in the industry. Durable material? Check. Practical size? Check. Best storage partner? Check. If you ask other customers about this item, they’d definitely tell you that it’s the best pressure canner for the money. Plus, it even works as a pressure cooker!
|Product Dimensions||15.4 x 15.1 x 14.8 inches|
|Item Weight||5.5 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||5.5 pounds|
|Item Model Number||01781|
|Customer Reviews (Amazon)||4.7 out of 5 stars|
The Presto 01781, with its large 23-quart size, will allow you to cook and can more food all at once. And yes, that allows you to store different types of food as well. Because of its effective overpressure plug, regulating pressure within the canner will be possible, allowing steam to escape. This feature will prevent the buildup of excess steam. Couple that with the analog steam gauge that lets you know the amount of pressure building up inside and you have one safe pressure canner. Another thing you’ll love about the Presto 01781 is it’s made of aluminum and is resistant to warp. It also features stay-cool handles that will keep the handles safe to hold and prevent you from being burned when the canner is hot. Its polished finish even makes its appearancestunningly reflective. Want more? Well, it also has a built-in thermometer, an automatic light, a gasket sealing system, and a cover lock or air vent that allows pressure build-up whenever the cover is in its proper place and prevents the cover from being opened until the safe reduction of pressure is done.
Investing in this pressure cooker and canner would be the best choice you’ll ever make. Thanks to its aluminum material, the Presto 01781 is easy to clean with a non-abrasive cleaner and a good metal polish. The number one benefit you’ll get is having two functions in one pot—pressure cooker and pressure canner. You can store different types of food on this canner and still be able to preserve each one’s flavor and aroma.This product is not only safe, it’s also dependable. Its 12-year warranty and Amazon ratings can attest to how high its quality is. It even comes with a recipe book that includes 50 different recipes.
• Works as a pressure cooker and pressure canner
• Boiling pressure canner
• Has a large size to fit more food and a variety of food
• Easy to clean
• Made of aluminum
• Durable and premium quality
• Has stay-cool handles
• Safe to use
• Includes a built-in thermometer and an automatic light
• Has an automatic release valve
• Has an inner sealing ring
• Has a cover lock
• Has an easy-to-read dial gauge
• Comes from a well-known brand
• Includes a cooking and canning rack
• Comes with a recipe book
• Excellent customer service
• Has a 12-year warranty
• May require more effort for transferring/handling because of its large size
• Its aluminum material is lighter compared to other brands
• Occupies much space in your kitchen shelf
• Customers are happy about its great price.
• They also love how the canner works perfectly.
• A lot of them said the canner is safe, reliable and versatile.
• One satisfied customer said, “It works, it seals fine, it keeps pressure fine. It works as a water bath canner just fine. Really, it does what it needs to do. I’ve put up about 300 cans so far and it’s doing just fine.”
• Another pleased user commented, “Each jar is firmly supported. No more wobbling. This canner is absolutely great!”
• They also liked how the instruction manual includes directions for canning specific fruits and vegetables, information about canning utensils, and proper canning supplies.
• A grateful customer reviewed, “This canner is great because it is lightweight and, therefore, comes up to pressure quickly and also drops pressure quickly. Replacement parts for Presto products are readily available.”
• Customers also appreciated the excellent customer service of Presto. They said Presto will answer any query or concern within one business day.
• The rubber gasket and emergency plug must be replaced periodically, even when treated with vegetable oil to maintain their pliancy and prevent cracks.
• One customer said, “Moving it off the heat when it is full of jars is no small feat.”
• Since this is aluminum, it cannot be washed in the dishwasher. The oxidation that occurs releases the aluminum and can contaminate food. It must be hand washed.
• Some customers didn’t like how the outside spots up and the inside stains.
Pressure cooker or pressure canner? With this pot, you won’t have to choose between the two. You can have the best of both worlds. And the most amazing part? It only comes for a price of one! No wonder it’s the best seller on Amazon.