High-quality products come from trusted brands in the industry. And although there are a plethora of choices out there on the market, we can narrow them down by considering the vacuum sealers that come from acclaimed brands that are guaranteed to give the best results and offer the most useful features for your needs.Let’s take a look at these brands. Note that the list below is in alphabetical order.
1. Breville – This Australian brand is recognized for the design and quality of their products. Their elite, innovative products that are delivered to over 50 countries all around the globe make them popular and worthy to be on this list.Aside from their classy, professional-looking Fresh Keeper Duo vacuum sealers, they are also widely acknowledged for their bread makers, food processors, blenders, deep fryers, rice cookers, grills, pressure cookers, ovens, sous vide, and so on and so forth.
2. Cuisinart – Founded in 1989, Cuisinart’s mission is to help their customers “Savor the Good Life®.”They are noted for their wide variety of products for professional and home chefs. They are currently known for their Griddler, whichbrings the ultimate kitchen makeover. They have electric knives, blenders, hand blenders, popcorn makers, stainless cookware, and baking tools. Although they only have one vacuum sealer, it’s actually one of the best and most affordable ones on the market.
3. FoodSaver – The Jarden Corporation acquired Tilia International, which was the former owner of FoodSaver,in April 2002. Jarden is a U.S. consumer products company known for their outdoors and home appliances. FoodSaver is known for their variety of vacuum sealers that are loved by their customers. Their FM500 series is the latest innovation in food preservation. They have all the products you need to start preserving food and live a healthy life.
4. Hamilton Beach – Hamilton Beach offers one of the most affordable vacuum sealers today—the NutriFresh™ Vacuum Sealer. Their brands can be found in households across America, Canada,and Mexico. They sell over 35 million appliances every year, which is an evidence that their products are one of the best ones you can ever encounter. They also offer drink mixers, juicers, toasters, air purifiers, skillets and griddles, pizza makers, and other products with the aim help their customers apply Good Thinking®.
5. Oster – Oster products provides world-class performance. They are durable and versatile. This company started when the great Steven J. Poplawski invented the drink mixer in 1922. Since then, they’ve been offering innovative, high-quality products to their customers.They aim to encourage their customers to have a healthy living from their mixers, juicers, toasters, to coffeemakers, bread makers, and microwaves.
6. Weston – Weston claims to make products that empower people to reconnect with real food. Fortunately, they are true to their claim. Their products are perfect for hunters, gatherers, and locavores who prefer a self-sustaining approach to food. Aside from their variety of vacuum sealers, they are also lauded for their meat processors and other products like deep fryers, pasta machines, and slow cookers.
If you haven’t found a vacuum sealer yet, then head over to our comprehensive vacuum sealer buying guide.
Vacuum sealers are beneficial for storing food and other items. They are also perfect for extending the shelf life of dry goods, especially dried fruit, herbs, spices, even sugar, and flour. There are so many reasons why you should have one. Owning and using it makes storage a child’s play. But before I discuss how it should be used, let me answer the question:
Oxygen is one of the factors that spoils food. When food oxidizes, that means it’s combined with oxygen. A vacuum sealer, therefore, takes all the air out of a plastic bag so that the food won’t oxidize and it will last longer. After taking the air out, the vacuum sealer slightly melts the top edges of the plastic bag together to make sure the food is in an airtight environment.The bag can only be opened by cutting it. Chamber or internal type of vacuum sealerhave a vacuum pump instead of a vacuum channel as that in an external vacuum sealer. This type can seal a volume of liquid and uses a different type of sealing bag.Other vacuum sealers come with specialized canisters that can hold a vacuum and be sealed.
Let’s move on to the steps on how to use an external vacuum sealer
1. Place the bag roll inside the vacuum sealer. The first thing you’ll do is find where the sealing bag roll gets in. Be sure that the roll is coming over the top.Make sure to pull it out until it reaches your desired bag size. Leave 2-4 inchesof clear space at the top of the sealer bag.
2. Cut the bag by using the cutter. If your vacuum sealer doesn’t have a built-in cutter, manually cut it to your desired size.
3. Turn the vacuum sealer on. This can be done with a press of a button.
4. Seal one of the ends of your bag by sliding it in the vacuum sealer. This is applicable only if you’re making your own bag.
5. Once the vacuum sealer detects the bag, a light will come on and you have to press the button so it won’t vacuum.
6. Choose the sealing option to seal the bag. Wait for it to finish sealing. An indicator will tell you once it’s done. Note that most vacuum sealers occupy 1 inch, so it’s really important to leave a couple of inches before cutting to make sure your food can fit into your custom-sized bag.
7. Place your food/item inside the sealing bag.
8. Insert the other end of the bag (unsealed) to the vacuum sealer. Some may find the inserting process a little tricky, but just be patient, maybe straighten it up even more and jiggle it untilthe vacuum sealer detects the bag.
9. Wait for it to vacuum and seal.
If you have a chamber/internal vacuum sealer, however, steps 3-6aren’t necessary. After cutting the bag, you just have to place the food inside your sealing bag. Then, place the whole bag inside the vacuum sealer while making sure that the edge that should be sealed is crossing over the sealing bar. Close the vacuum sealer and wait for it to seal. Voila! You’re done!
1. Freeze the food after sealing to preserve their flavor and quality.
2. Freeze liquids and dry, grainy foods like spices and powders before vacuum sealing so that they won’t get sucked into the machine and damage your vacuum sealer.
3. Don’t vacuum seal raw meat because they will spoil.
4. Never overfill the sealer bag.
5. Be sure that you’re using the appropriate sealer bag for the food you’re preserving and for the type of vacuum sealer you have.
The best thing to do is read the manual of your vacuum sealer. Other vacuum sealers work differently so it’s better to read and seal thanbseal and be sorry.
Still haven’t found a vacuum sealer? check out our reviews of the top rated vacuum sealers.
To make sure you get the best out of your slow cooker, aside from using it properly, the brand should also be of high quality. And since there are numerous choices to choose from, you may get confused. To help you determine what products offer brilliant and innovative performance, here are the top six slow cooker brands. Note that I listed them in alphabetical order.
1. All-Clad – Having been in the business since 1967, this U.S. company began as a small metallurgical company that specialized in formulating bonded metals for a variety of industries. They are famous for their innovative, high-performance bonded cookware handcrafted in the USA by American artisans using American steel. They have their Copper-Core collection, d3 Armor collection, d5 Brushed collection, stainless collection, specialty cookware collection, and four others.
2. Crock-Pot – According to this company, “If it doesn’t say Crock-Pot, it’s not original.” They debuted over four decades ago as a simple bean cooker and now, they are still recognized as one of the best brands that home cooks trust. They aidbusy moms prepare affordable, tender, and delicious meals to their families. They have set the standards of slow cookers and their products are always loved by their customers. Crock-Pot is widely known for their line of ultra-portable Crock-Pot® Cook & Carry.
3. Cuisinart – “Savor the Good Life®” is Cuisinart’s mission.Founded in 1989, this brand is owned by Conair Corporation. This American home appliance brand isknown for their wide variety of products for professional and home chefs. They bring innovative products on the market. They keep up with the current needs of a modern kitchen. They offer food processors, espresso makers, rice cookers, toasters, specialty appliances, and slow cookers.
4. Hamilton Beach – Selling over 35 million appliances every year, Hamilton Beach is renownedfor their goalto help their customers apply Good Thinking®.They also have other brands, namely Eclectrics®, Proctor Silex® and TrueAir®. Their blenders, coffee makers, slow cookers, convection ovens, indoor grills, and breakfast makers won’t disappoint. Their products are always rated high by satisfied customers and they never fail to give the bestengineeringin every product.
5. Lakeland – With over 50 years of experience, Lakeland is acknowledgedfor offering creative kitchenware, practical ideas for the home and garden, and inspiring gifts from all over the world. They aim to make life easier and that’s what customers get from their products—an easier life that leads to a better life. Havingnearly 70 stores in the U.K., they provide everyday utensils and preserving basics, to never-seen-before cookware. You’ll surely appreciate their products because of the quality they possess.
6. Ninja – As one of the several house-care brands by SharkNinja Operating LLC, Ninja offers small household appliances and cleaning solutions to suit their customers’ busy lifestyles. They are noted for their cutting-edge, state-of-the-art products that impact people’s lives positively every single day.They also offer coffee brewers, slow cookers, and blenders.The company’s products are distributed widelythrough major big-box retailers, specialty stores, and through its websites.
Before I enumerate the steps on how to use a slow cooker, let me answer the question:
How does a slow cooker work?
A slow cooker is made up of three main components: the base, which contains the heating element, the vessel, and the lid. The base includes the handles, a temperature knob or a control panel, and the feet of the cooker to keep it from steady on your counter.The liner is a thin metal insert molded onto the inside of the base and it houses the heater bands that conduct heat around the bottom of the cooker. The bands help cook your food evenly. The cooking vessel or inner pot is where the ingredients are put.The lid helps the cooker reach the appropriate cooking temperature. Without it, the slow cooker won’t be able to work efficiently.
Now we can move on to the steps on how to use a slow cooker
1. Clear your kitchen countertop. You’ll be leaving the cooker to cook on its own so for safety purposes, clear some counter space and make sure you place it at least five or six inches away from walls or any other appliance since the heat needs to dissipate.Remember not to place it near the edge as well.
2. Get your ingredients ready. Follow the procedure for the recipe. If some vegetables need to be cut, cut them ahead of time. Browning the meat and searing the vegetables will contribute to a better flavor of the dish but it takes time.
3. Add the ingredients in your slow cooker. Never overfill the slow cooker. It should only be between half to three-quarters full. If your dish requires water or broth, it should only be halfway up the ingredients or less. Don’t put too much liquid since only little of it evaporates while cooking.
4. Cover your slow cooker. Make sure that the lid is tight to prevent steam from escaping. If the lidcannot tightly seal the pot, wrap a sheet of aluminum foil over the top.
5. Set the cooking time. The low setting usually cooks the food between 8-10 hours and cooks the food gently. The high setting cooks the food between 4-6 hours and cooks the food quickly.
6. Let it do its job. This time, you can leave the slow cooker to do your own job. Stirring the contents won’t be necessary unless the recipe says so. Usually, additional ingredients are added at the last hour of cooking.
7. Let the dish cool off before serving it. Unless your slow cooker has a Keep Warm Mode, you have to be around when the cooking time is up to prevent it from burning.
Tips to Remember:
1. Never add raw meat to your slow cooker to get the most delectable flavor out of your dish.
2. Brown the meat on the stovetop before adding it to your slow cooker.
3. Use the right type of meat. Be sure your meat is applicable to the recipe you’re cooking and they’re cut evenly to allow all the pieces to be cooked at the same.Remember not to cook lean mean for a long time because they can get tough and stubborn.
4. Never open the slow cooker during cooking. This is where the glass lid becomes beneficial. It will allow you to check the progress without removing the lid.
5. Never add the dairy products too soon because they will curdle.
If you’re on the looks for a new slow cooker, we have collected a list of the best 5 slow cookers.
Roast, roast, roast the beef, gently in the pot
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, serve it while it’s hot
If you need to impress your guests or your family members with your cooking or prepare dinner for a special occasion, then a beef pot roast is the best choice.Follow this recipe and you’ll get positive comments from your guests and family members. The preparation time for this recipe is between 20-30 minutes, the cooking time will be 6 hours and 30 minutes, and the food will be ready after 6 hours and 50 minutes.
1 (5-pound) bone-in beef pot roast
2 ½ cups chicken broth
3 medium carrots, cut into chunks
2 stacks of celery, cut into chunks
8 ounces of sliced mushrooms
1 medium onion, chopped
1 sprig fresh rosemary
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 ½ tablespoon of all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour (or as needed)
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of tomato paste
Salt and pepper
Step 1. Season both sides of the roast with salt and paper.
Step 2. Sprinkle flour over the top until it’s thoroughly coated. Pat the meat afterward and shake off excess flour.
Step 3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heatuntil hot.
Step 4. Sear the roast on both sides for 5-6 minutes each, until they’re well-browned.
Step 5. Remove from the skillet and set it aside.
Step 6. Reduce the heat to medium and add the mushrooms and butter.
Step 7. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Step 8. Stir in the onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onions become clear and begin to brown.
Step 9. Add garlic and stir for one minute.
Step 10. Add 1 ½ tablespoon of flour. Cook and thoroughly stir for one minute.
Step 11. Add the tomato paste and cook for one minute again.
Step 12. Add the chicken stock slowly and stir to combine the ingredients. Then return to a simmer. Remove skillet from the heat.
Step 13. Place carrots and celery in the slow cooker.
Step 14. Place the roast over the vegetables. You may also pour the juices that accumulated.
Step 15. Add the rosemary and thyme.
Step 16. Pour the onion and mushroom mixture over the top of the roast.
Step 17. Get the lid and cover the slow cooker.
Step 18. Turn the heat setting to high and cook the roast for 5-6 hours or until the meat is fork tender.
Step 19. Remove any fat from the surface and remove the bones as well.
Step 20. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 21. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, serve it while it’s hot!
You may serve this dish with mashed potatoes since it would be more presentable and the flavors of the dish and the potatoes would go well together.