The Aroma ARC-150SB won’t be a bestseller on Amazon for no reason. This rice cooker is digital—cooking rice, soups, and stews perfectly and even steaming meat and vegetables easily. Because of its surprising capacity of 20 cups and its water reservoir that channels excess condensation away, you’ll wonder why it costs less than $35.00. The construction of this rice cooker is even superb—leaving you no chance to question its dependability. Let it do all the cooking without constant monitoring and you’ll be amazed at the quality of rice it can bring.
|Product Dimensions||10.8 x 11.2 x 10.8 inches|
|Capacity||20 cups of cooked rice|
|Item Weight||5 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||8.5 pounds|
|Item Model Number||ARC-150SB|
|Customer Reviews (Amazon)||4.4 out of 5 stars|
This rice cooker can cook any type of rice with the same results—perfect. It can also work as a steamer for your vegetables and meat. Steaming time can even be set from 5-30 minutes which automatically shuts off once the set time is over. Aside from steam, the Aroma ARC-150SB also features programmable digital controls with Slow Cook, White Rice, Brown Rice, Delay Timer up to 15 hours, and automatic keep-warm. Thanks to its water reservoir, excess condensation will be directed away, leaving your rice ideally moist.The delay timer will allow you to prepare rice ahead of time and still be able to eat hot, moist rice after 15 hours. It also highlights its stainless steel and black plastic exterior with a nonstick Teflon interior.
This rice cooker is very much affordable. Because of the many types of rice you can cook with this one and the number of cups it can hold, it’s no wonder it’s dubbed as the best budget buy. You’ll love the durability of this rice cooker. Plus, it comes from one of the best brands in the U.S., so it’s really worth every penny. It’s also easy to clean since the nonstick inner cooking pot is removable and dishwasher safe. The package also includes a steam tray, a measuring cup, a serving spatula, exclusive recipes, and coupons for Mahatma® and Carolina® Rice to get you started.
• Comes from a renowned brand
• Extremely affordable
• Made of stainless steel
• Makes 20 cups of cooked rice
• Can be used as a steamer and a slow cooker
• Can cook all types of rice
• Can cook rice and steam vegetables simultaneously
• Has a delay timer up to 15 hours
• Has an automatic keep warm feature
• Contains a water reservoir
• Best budget buy
• Has a nonstick Teflon interior that’s dishwasher safe
• Easy to use
• Comes with accessories
• Bestseller on Amazon (Ranked #3 under Rice Cookers)
• Has a one-year limited warranty
• Requires you to soak the rice first or else it will boil over and make a big mess on your kitchen counter.
• Cord is not retractable or detachable
• Lid is not detachable and therefore is hard to clean
• Customers appreciated the easy-to-read and easy-to-follow manual.
• The wide spoon that is included for the rice is wonderful and stores inside the cooker when not in use.
• They said they’d recommend this product.
• One satisfied customer reviewed, “I love how light the inner pot is, it’s easy to clean, has clear measurements, the steam basket fits nicely on top, the lid seals well and is easy to open and close.”
• The cup included has measurements on the side, stores inside cooker while not in use.
• Steamer tray is removable, stores in the unit when not in use and gives ample space.
• It slow cooked their dinner to perfection.
• Another happy customer remarked, “There is great capacity for all sorts of meat dishes for the slow cooker feature too. The delayed timer is a great asset for those days you’re going to be gone all day.”
• Customers loved how it cooked brown rice and steamed vegetables at the same time.
• They also loved the inclusion of recipes.
• One customer complained, “The cord for this unit is somewhat shorter than my usual appliances.”
• They also didn’t like how the lid cannot be detached.
• Another customer mentioned, “There’s a plastic valve inside the lid that needs to be cleaned often, and the underside of the lid needs to be cleaned as well.”
• Some said it’s a little bulky.
• Unless you soak your rice for approximately two hours prior to the 1.5 hours it takes to cook brown rice, a starchy goo will spew onto the top, down the side, and all over your countertop.
When all is said and done, the pros still outweigh the cons. You can’t find any other rice cooker priced below $35.00 better than this. It does all the cooking time for you, so you’ll have less time in the kitchen and more time with people. This rice cooker is easy to find (especially online—Amazon) and easy to use. You can never go wrong with this investment.